1. Apples : pectin in them helps lower blood cholesterol levels and removes toxic metals , such as lead and mercury from the body .
2. Grapefruit : promotes a healthy heart and improves blood circulation .
3 . Limes : like all citrus , they help fight infections , boost immunity , help maintain mental alertness , and strengthen blood vessel walls .
4. Mangoes : good for cleansing the kidneys and blood and can improve skin texture .
5. Pineapples : eating it between meals helps prevent blood clots ; aids digestive system .
6 . Raspberries : can prevent the overgrowth of certain fungi and bacteria in the body , such as yeast Candida albicans .
7. Strawberries : keep the urinary tract and the heart healthy , good for cleansing the digestive system , have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties .
8. Cranberries : counter premature aging , prevent bacteria to adhere to the walls of the urinary tract ; can help chesty coughs and sore throats .
9. Cherries : eating them daily can relieve headaches and reduce levels of uric acid .
10 . Dates : help maintain healthy skin ; good for anyone who has fatigue or anemia .
These are a few good properties of some of my favorite foods . The information was taken from a book called 100 HEALTH-BOOSTING FOODS by hamlyn . I found the book at a L.A. public library . It has a lot more facts and recipes for super health . I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in eating healthy .